As an outcome of what was raised in our sprint retrospective, I’d like to facilitate (with x’s help) a meeting with the necessary people to help the team work together in a way that gets work done quickly, and more importantly makes each team member feel valued and respected.
I know that there are frustrations within the team, and I’m glad that some of these have been raised so that we can work to improve as a team. I feel the best way for this to happen is to have an open, honest and respectful discussion together, face to face.
I’m proposing the following as a framework for this meeting – if there’s anything you think is wrong in here, please let me know and we can discuss /change what I’ve proposed.
· This meeting will be a safe place to discuss the problems between team members
o No notes will be taken of the details of the discussion – only of the outcomes to move the team forward
o Once we’ve discussed what’s caused problems, we’ll leave it behind us and move past it
o There will be no ‘reporting back’ to the Management Team. We can provide them with the outcomes we’ve reached.
· It is for the team (and those in the room) to deal with these issues
o Where we need help from others, we could feature this as part of our outcomes
· The outcomes will be for us to find a way to work in future which will:
o use all team member’s expertise
o value each persons’ contribution
o be respectful of each other
o be efficient in collaboration
· There will be clear boundaries of everyone’s roles within these outcomes
· Everyone will get to have their say – and not be interrupted while they’re doing so
I would like to hear the following from each of the team members affected:
· Explain the problems you’ve had with working together
· What happened that you weren’t happy with
· What you’d like to happen differently in future to improve things